The Rotary Club of Portland's U40 Program's goal is to establish, develop and grow our members’ personal and professional
networks, to emerge as the next generation of diverse leaders in the community, built upon a foundation of service.
The Rotary Club of Portland is an organization of local business and professional leaders dedicated to humanitarian service in everyday life with high ethical standards in business practices. The Club promotes understanding and goodwill through a variety of service projects that promote “Service Above Self.” These projects have real and lasting impacts on the communities served.
With this purpose in mind, the U40 (or under 40) program has been developed by the Rotary Club of Portland to help service-minded and leadership-focused professionals develop the skills to become the next generation of Portland leaders in business and philanthropy.
U40 participants will enjoy a social program with several opportunities to connect with other young professionals, as well as network with some of Portland's top business leaders, all while giving back through the program's community service projects. The 12 month program includes six community service opportunities, four Rotary lunches, four social activities, and six speaker engagements with our community's business, social, and political leaders. U40 participants will also enjoy the benefit of a personal mentor throughout the program and real-time leadership application through the many committees Portland Rotarians serve on.
As a cohort participant you will…
- Make contacts and network with peers who are giving back through service to build lasting, long-term relationships.
- Develop and expand personal and professional networks.
- Get hands on community experience through involvement in a committee with other Rotarians and learn how to give back to the local community through a variety of different service opportunities.
- Be mentored by a Rotary Club member who will support your leadership development, help you build your network and introduce you to what it means to be a Rotarian.
- Engage with key community stakeholders and business leaders to learn and discuss issues relevant to the economic health of our region.
- Design and implement a meaningful service project with cohort participants.
- Build a network of likeminded individuals focused on altruistic community advancement.
- The 2022 U40 Program will begin on July 1st, 2022 and will end on June 30th, 2023.
- The cost of the program $790
Note: if cost is a barrier, please apply anyway, accommodations can be discussed.
- Full syllabus and program calendar for 2022 coming soon.
For more information contact Phil Evans at Phil@TimberandRose.com