"To establish, develop and grow our members’ personal and professional
networks, to emerge as the next generation of diverse leaders
in the community, built upon a foundation of Service"
A new generation of leaders wanting to give back to our community is emerging. A generation with a passion for purpose who are more driven, diverse, collaborative, curious and tech-savvy than ever. And they want to connect with other community leaders to get involved. Rotary is that connection.
Rotary Club of Portland is an organization of local business and professional leaders dedicated to humanitarian service in everyday life with high ethical standards in business and professions. The Club promotes understanding and goodwill through a variety of service projects that promote “Service Above Self.” These projects have real and lasting impact on the communities served.
With this purpose in mind, the U40 or “under 40” program has been developed by the Rotary Club of Portland to help ambitious and up and coming professionals develop the skills to become the next generation of Portland leaders.
As a cohort participant you will…
- Make contacts and network with peers who are giving back through service to build lasting, long-term relationships
- Develop and expand personal and professional networks
- Get hands on community experience through involvement in a committee with other Rotarians and learn how to give back to the local community through a variety of different service opportunities
- Be mentored by a Rotary Club member who will support your leadership development, help you build your network and introduce you to what it means to be a Rotarian
Together as a cohort you will…
- Engage with key community stakeholders and business leaders to learn and discuss issues relevant to the economic health of our region
- Design and implement a meaningful service project with cohort participants
- Build a network of likeminded individuals focused on altruistic community advancement
- The 2021 U40 Program will begin on July 1st, 2021 and will end on June 30th, 2022.
- The cost of the program $750 ($600 Rotary membership cost, $150 U40 program cost).
Note: if cost is a barrier, please apply anyway, accommodations can be discussed.
- For a full syllabus of the 2021 program please click here
For more information contact Curtis Shirey at email@example.com