Online Privacy of Member Information
In order to protect online privacy, the Rotary Club of Portland (RCP) keeps e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mail addresses and other information secure. RCP protects the security of personal data by using password-protected areas and restricting access.
The security of your payment information during transmission is protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts all of your personal information, including name, address, and credit card number, so that it can travel safely over the Internet. The entire credit card number is submitted to the appropriate credit card company during order processing, but only the first and last four digits of your credit card numbers are accessible to designated staff via a password-protected interface. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
The Official Membership Directory is available to members through the site with a password. The Official Membership Directory should not be used as a commercial mailing list or given to non member to use it for that purpose.
Collection and Use of Personal Membership Data
The Rotary Club of Portland collects personal information about Rotary club members to be used solely for the purpose of conducting the following core business activities:
- Supporting the Portland Rotary Charitable Trust
- Communicating key organizational messages and information to club members through Spokes.
- Identifying members for leadership roles, committees and general volunteer assistance.
- Inviting members to club events and activities.
- Providing information and updates to District 5100 and Rotary International.
- Tracking membership trends, developing membership characteristics, producing demographic analysis, and supporting membership retention
The Rotary Club of Portland will give members the opportunity to decline the release of their personal information in the event the RCP board decides to participate in special marketing initiatives.
If you have concerns or questions about these policies, please contact us.