Bull Run Watershed
Join the Preserve Planet Earth committee for a tour of the Bull Run Watershed! This is a very popular tour in the Portland area--our club has a group of 26 tickets reserved until June 12th, at which point they will be opened up to the public. So get your tickets today! The cost of the tour is $22/person, you are expected to bring your own lunch and drink (no alcohol)
Here's the tour information:
8:30 AM Leave from pickup spot (Hollywood Fred Meyer)
Stop at the Columbia South Shore Well Field, Portland’s groundwater source
Arrive in Bull Run. One-mile (round-trip) hike to the Bull Run River
Lunch at Bull Run Lake
Tour of 1929 dam and drive-by tour of 1962 dam
Stop at the Bull Run River downstream of the drinking water intake
4:30 PM Drop off at pickup spot
How to Sign Up:
- Go to: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2954765
- Click on "Enter a Password or Discount Code".
- Type in "Rotary" and then click on "Show Available Tickets" (pressing enter will not work).
- Enter the number of tickets you wish to reserve (you can register up to 6 people at a time but should enter each person’s name - if you are registering more than 6 you just need to go in again to do a new set, and should be aware that you will be responsible for sharing all relevant information with anyone who you signed up).
- Click Add to Cart and continue with standard registration process and you are registered!
Upon registration each registrant will be given access to the waiver forms, all the tour info, meeting location, departure and return times, etc. Again, the registrant is responsible for sharing all information/documents with the individuals for whom they register.
Here are some policies to be aware of:
- Our bus holds 26 passengers. We only schedule group tours for groups of about this size. If your group is smaller, please sign up through our General Public tours (details in #3 below).
- The tour costs $21.69 per person ($20 fee plus $1.69 service fee).
- The tour area is remote. Water Bureau staff carry emergency radios and are trained in first aid; however, cell phones do not work and emergency care can be more than an hour away.
- Restrooms can be up to 2-3 hours apart. Please contact us if limited restroom availability presents a challenge for you.
- Smoking/vaping/ecigarettes are not allowed.