Join the Preserve Planet Earth committee for a tour of the Bull Run Watershed! This is a very popular tour in the Portland area--our club has a group of 26 tickets reserved until June 12th, at which point they will be opened up to the public. So get your tickets today! The cost of the tour is $22/person, you are expected to bring your own lunch and drink (no alcohol)
Here's the tour information:
8:30 AM Leave from pickup spot (Jollywood Fred Meyer)
Stop at the Columbia South Shore Well Field, Portland’s groundwater source
Arrive in Bull Run. One-mile (round-trip) hike to the Bull Run River
Lunch at Bull Run Lake
Tour of 1929 dam and drive-by tour of 1962 dam
Stop at the Bull Run River downstream of the drinking water intake
4:30 PM Drop off at pickup spot
Here are some policies to be aware of:
- Our bus holds 26 passengers. We only schedule group tours for groups of about this size. If your group is smaller, please sign up through our General Public tours (details in #3 below).
- The tour costs $21.69 per person ($20 fee plus $1.69 service fee).
- The tour area is remote. Water Bureau staff carry emergency radios and are trained in first aid; however, cell phones do not work and emergency care can be more than an hour away.
- Restrooms can be up to 23 hours apart. Please contact us if limited restroom availability presents a challenge for you.
- Smoking/vaping/ecigarettes are not allowed.
We have a long list of people who would like to participate in these tours, but filling seats last minute can be very difficult. If you need to cancel your registration, please contact Brown Paper Tickets as soon as possible. Brown Paper Tickets can refund your reservation if you request the refund at least 3 days before the tour. They are not able to provide a refund less than 3 days before the tour. If you need to cancel, we appreciate as much notice as possible. And even if you are unable to receive a refund, we would appreciate a call or email (503-823-5351,
) to let us know, since your cancellation might allow someone else to attend the tour.